Yokoso!!! readers from Brunei, most of you wouldn't know who I am and what the heck I look like. That ain't important, since the main purpose I set up this information blog is to help juniors back in Brunei better understand kendo with what I have learnt for the past 5 years in kendo.

These would include the knowledges I have gained through Musha Shugyo( warrior's training done in the old days by travelling to different dojo and places to gain diverse experience). The dojos I have trained in so far would be in Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne(Australia), Liverpool (UK) and of course Japan.

5 years is still a young start in terms of kendo, but I do hope what I have realised in these 5 years of training would be of help and reduce your time that might be wasted for trials and errors.

Regarding the name of the blog, 遠く剣 Tooku Ken, it means distant sword. My intention of such a name was so that one would one day achieve one's dreams as much as possible and accomplish as far as one's swords can reach, both physically and spiritually. Broadening our horizon increases the reach of our swordarm, figuritively. In Chinese, it is pronounced identically to the phrase "far-sight", 遠見, which is another intended play of word pronounciation here and on purpose at that.

This blog will consists of junbii taiso, kihon, training suggestions, waza, kata and etc. Polls will be held from time to time to suit the needs of readers as in which topics they would like to know next.

I'll leave the first post as is and the next informational post will be due on this coming Sunday, 13th December.

Ja mata.
 -Takeshi 武-

7th December 2009

十二月七日 月曜日

Comments (0)